Terraria Overhaul v5.0 BETA 9
Hey! It's been a while since I posted here, one might even say that a whole year has passed! As usual, it wasn't me taking breaks, but working too much on other projects - my game engine, a secret game you'll love one day, tModLoader, and some other stuff. With that said, there's definitely not just a week of work in this beta, but plenty of accumulated improvements I hope you'll all love as much as I do now.
FIX1: Fixed the mod not working on servers; Updated TML.
The next betas will focus on:
- Improving gunplay and ranged gameplay overall through making ammunition-based resource loops actually.. exist.
- Bringing back Axes' Bleeding and Hammers' stuns. Actually, I have a better idea for what to do with hammers.
- Improving Overhaul's own multiplayer synchronization.
But for now - check out the changelogs and have fun with the download!
- Vastly improved! It's been 6+ months!
- Now built in Release mode instead of Debug. This drastically improves the game's performance.
- The provided
1.4_mergedtestingTML is now up to date with the TML Alpha as of
2022-01-20, and you're way more likely to have luck using mods from the workshop with it (except ones that use a lot of audio code.)
5.0 BETA 9 FIX 1
- Fixed the mod not working on servers.
5.0 BETA 9
Difficulty levels have finally been (partially) overhauled, with names again turned idiosyncratic (why wouldn't they be) and descriptions updated.
Debuff lengths, enemy health, defense, knockback, and coin drops are now the same between the 3 (4) difficulty levels, equalized mostly around Expert's values.
Enemy-to-Player damage multipliers switched from
[1.0, 2.0, 3.0]to
[1.25, 2.0, 3.25].
Here are the new difficulty level names & descriptions:
- Journey -
The Creative / Accessibility mode (For those who want to be in control)
- I'm Too Young To Mine (Normal) -
Less damage from enemies, but same rewards (For the easy-going)
- Bone Me Plenty (Expert) -
The new standard experience (For those who like a fair challenge)
- I Am Cthulhu Incarnate (Master) -
Extreme punishment and new rewards (For the truly ruthless)
(In the future, Expert's features will be backported to "Normal", with slightly less severity)
- Journey -
Experimental: Projectile-firing swords now use 3-10 mana, depending on their firerate. I already have another idea for them, but let me know what you think, and don't forget the above 2 points before writing hate mail.
Axes & Hammers now have charged attacks (not fully done with them.)
Axes & Hammers now use broadswords' swing animations.
- Huge backend rewrites - now component-based with no reliance on the unreliable paradigm that is inheritance.
- Mana drop logic redone again. The amount of mana dropped from each enemy is now pre-determined based on their assumed (by the mod) role. Fodder will drop
15mana, heavies - more, bosses - depending on their healthpools. The used weapon's stats no longer affect mana drops at all. Honestly not sure why they did, it's pretty dumb.
- Mana regeneration redone & rebalanced again. Regeneration is now (again???) constant and works even while firing. The vanilla "staying still doubles mana regen" feature has been (again????) removed. A multiplier to the whole regen value has been added, to prevent regeneration buffs & accessories from being too overpowered.
- Life & Mana pickups now disappear in
10seconds instead of
- Brand new broadsword audio! Again! (Thanks egshels!)
- Brand new audio for tools! (No thanks to egshels!)
- Melee weapons' projectiles are now sped up when charged. Much more satisfying.
- Reduced Killing Blow damage scaling from
- Reduced Magic Weapon charged projectile damage multiplier from
- Fixed killing blows only doubling damage on kills that would happen regardless. Facepalming.
- Fixed slashes showing up in after-images (appearing not translucent during dashes.)
- Space Gun will no longer be considered a MagicWeapon. An overhaul for it will be reimplemented soon.
- Not an official tModLoader Release or Beta.
- Always update tModLoader together with Overhaul.
- Video Tutorial by Nikonade
- Extract the contents of the zip file into a folder that is itself located next to Terraria. Example:
- To launch it, use
start-tModLoader.bat. Or the
.shscript, if you're on Linux or Mac.
- Extract the .tmod file from the zip into the following OS-specific directory: