Terraria Overhaul v5.0 BETA 7: 84 years in the making.
Hey. I'll be quick with the summary. There hasn't been a beta for a while, since I've been quite busy with TML & my engine, and haven't had a real theme with the commits I did for Overhaul, until now that is.
The biggest new thing is that vast configuration is finally happening on 1.4. I've implemented a new configuration design, in which it should be way easier to add new config entries. Additionally, localization is now a thing on the 1.4 branch, using the new
HJSON file format (the
H is for
Human) available for TML. Note that there's still no GUI for configuration.
For everything else, I messed around by building a skeleton for seasons (but they'll have to wait for a TML feature that will make their implementation quite pleasant), made a basic audiovisual 'overhaul' for bows, added an alternate firing mode for revolvers, made miniguns a ton more fun (I think..), and wrote a small 'physical material' system that has let me expand footsteps in a clean way, and add sounds for jumping and stepping on gore (A 1.3 feature. I can do it, so why shouldn't I do it?)
Oh, and I fixed some bugs.
That's about it. Enjoy, and send me feedback in the Discord.
- "Big Item Use Rework" has been added to mergedtesting.
5.0 BETA 7
- Implemented a new configuration design.
- Implemented 12 new configuration options, for a total of 14. (Welcoming code contributions for this! See issue #41.)
- Implemented Localizations. For now, translations include Spanish and Russian. (If you want to contribute, see GitHub.)
- Early bow overhaul. Just audio & visuals.
- Added a "fan the hammer" alt fire to revolvers.
- Reworked miniguns, all now have star cannon's recoil velocity, i.e. you can hover by shooting downwards! (Send feedback.)
- Implemented gore footsteps via the new physical material system.
- Added jump footstep sounds to dirt, grass, stone and wood.
- Wooden arrows now break into visible 'gore' pieces.
- Implemented a basis for seasons. They don't actually appear in the game yet.
- Lowered overall aim recoil.
- Fixed weapon rotations jumping when switching direction.
- Fixed the slash draw layer possibly rendering when charging.
- Fixed some issues in player direction code.
- Not an official tModLoader Release or Beta.
- Always update tModLoader together with Overhaul.
- Video Tutorial by Nikonade
- Extract the contents of the zip file into a folder that is itself located next to Terraria. Example:
- To launch it, use
start-tModLoader.bat. Or the
.shscript, if you're on Linux or Mac.
- Extract the .tmod file from the zip into the following OS-specific directory: