Terraria Overhaul v5.0 BETA 3: Incredible.
Overhaul's third beta is here, and it finalizes (for now!) the new broadsword combat, reintroducing charged attacks and killing blows (now they're true to their name!), improving in-air melee combat again, and improving ALL combat & gore audio by a ton. Also fixes some horrible issues.
The result is quite fun.
5.0 BETA 3
- Added broadsword power attacks.
- Added broadswords killing blows. They're very different from 1.3 -- they double damage on power attacks whenever an enemy with non-full health will die from that.
- Striking enemies will now launch the player towards their velocity. This lets you 'ride' demon eyes into the sky!
- Made a new system that allows me to replace enemy hit sounds on per-item basis. Swords now play custom audio, and so do wooden tools.
- Redid swing velocity logic from scratch. Removed extra velocity bonuses for attacking downwards.
- Heavily improved enemy hit & death sounds.
- Heavily improved gore audio and fixed some issues with it.
- Improved gore blood splatters.
- Removed unused keybindings.
- Fixed configs not loading.
- Fixed retro lighting lagging the game (and sometimes crashing on some graphics drivers.)
- Improved the mop's code, fixed the mop hitting enemies through walls.
- Not an official tModLoader Release or Beta.
- Always update tModLoader together with Overhaul.
- Video Tutorial by Nikonade
- Extract the contents of the zip file into a folder that is itself located next to Terraria. Example:
- To launch it, use
start-tModLoader.bat. Or the
.shscript, if you're on Linux or Mac.
- Extract the .tmod file from the zip into the following OS-specific directory: