Terraria Overhaul v5.0 BETA 1: A new start.
Here comes the first of many beta releases for 5.0 Overhaul for 1.4 tModLoader (which will be included with every release until 1.4 TML is released).
5.0 is a complete rebuild of the mod. I've started with an empty project folder, and then started moving in features one by one while ensuring good-to-flawless code and game design quality for them. The standards for everything are far higher now, so many features from old Overhaul may not return, or will at least end up very different.
Overhaul's betas will be released every few or so months, up until the mod reaches approximate parity with its previous versions. Everyone can also just compile the mod themselves, as the rebuild is open source.
- (!) Jump key buffering and a new addition: forced-on auto-jump.
- (!) New and improved NPC blood and gore.
- (!) Improved grappling hook swinging physics.
- (!) New and improved decals.
- (!) Now-automatic gun overhauls with improved audio, screenshake, and bullet/shell casings.
- Camera improvements.
- Footstep sounds.
- Movement changes.
- Players facing the mouse cursor.
- Velocity-based rotation for players.
- Walljumps and wallrolls.
- Melee weapons audio.
- Other things.
There are not many gameplay changes aside movement, but you'll still very much feel like it's Overhaul.
- Not an official tModLoader Release or Beta.
- Always update tModLoader together with Overhaul.
- Video Tutorial by Nikonade
- Extract the contents of the zip file into a folder that is itself located next to Terraria. Example:
- To launch it, use
start-tModLoader.bat. Or the
.shscript, if you're on Linux or Mac.
- Extract the .tmod file from the zip into the following OS-specific directory: